Friday, July 1, 2011

Summertime

I used to think that spring was my favorite season, but when I really think about it, there are so many things that I absolutely love about summer.  Lately we experienced those warm rains that have that distinct smell, something that only happens in the summer.  I love that kind of rain(well, unless it decides to go overboard). It's the kind of rain that I would envision the people from the movies dancing in.  Dorky, I know.

What about the days being longer so you can stay up later and sleep in?  Not having a schedule and planning fun things, but only when you feel like it.  Oh, and the warm nights.  Sitting out on the deck, having a drink and just talking.  Having your windows open and feeling that classic breeze starting to come in.  I love that. 

The feeling of walking outside in the morning and feeling the crisp, cool air and then feeling the first warmth of the sun on your skin.  This sounds so dorky, but it's true.  The kids getting to play outside all day long if we want to.  They get as dirty as can be and only come inside when I make them to eat, sleep and poop(well...that's another story).  I just love watching them play outside, finding things to do to entertain themselves with sticks, dirt and all the animals.  It's amazing how they never get bored outside...ever. 

The garden.  Ahhhh.  Those of you who enjoy gardening will totally know what I am talking about.  There is something so totally awesome about planting a garden, tending to it and watching all of your stuff grow.  When you get to eat it, it's even awesomer(yes, I know that's not a word).  I go out to my garden sometimes three or more times a day and just poke around, sometimes just to admire it.  Oh, wow, this is kind of embarrassing.

Driving the car with the windows down.  All the yummy summer treats and the BBQ's that only happen this time of year.  Strawberry shortcake, grilled meat, cold salads, etc.  There are so many good things to eat during the summer.

I don't know.  I just really feel like I am enjoying this summer more than any summer before.  I am so insanely blessed to be able to stay home with my kids and enjoy all that summer has for us human beings.  God is good.  I hope that you all enjoy your summers and the joys that there are to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment