Monday, April 2, 2012

"In God We Trust"

      



 
"In God We Trust".  Just look at that nickel in your pocket and you will see it.  The motto of our country.   The motto that we used to be proud of.  Now there are many who are trying to erase it.  Too many people have become afraid to say it in their classroom, to their coworkers or friends.  It's almost become a cuss word, something you don't say unless you know that you are speaking to the right crowd. 

We are living in a world that is trying to erase God from society altogether.  We want everyone to have a choice, to be able to believe whatever they want and not have one faith "dominate" another.  In some ways I get that, but then I always go back to the roots.


Even when I didn't believe in God, I never remember feeling threatened by God or by Christians.  I remember thinking they were weird.  They were freaks who believed in some fake God.  But at the same time, I appreciated it.  I somehow knew the importance of it and didn't feel the need to attack it.  I saw worth in it.  It just wasn't for me.  

Then God decided to take me on a journey.  One that led me straight to Him.  Now, I am a believer. A believer without a doubt in my head that I serve a God bigger than anything that I face here on earth.

God is under attack.  There are people out there who are attempting to erase His name from our society.  I just don't get it.  I've only been a believer for a few years now.  I feel like I have a good idea of what it's like to be a believer and to be a so called "atheist".  I never labeled myself, but I know that I did not believe in the existence of God.  Having experienced both sides I find what is going on in our world very confusing.

Here's the deal.  Believer or not, most people who are rational and have common sense can understand that there are certain values and beliefs associated with the Christian faith that have maintained a level of civility in America.  I know that in my past, I did.  I understood that Christians and their beliefs, although strange to me, were somehow important.  I didn't want that to be taken away from them, I just didn't want it to be shoved down my throat.  I wanted people to have the choice of whether or not they would believe in God.  But, I never saw a need for God to be erased entirely. 

So what in the heck is going on in today's society?  Wake up people and recognize that your right to choose between God and...whatever else...is rapidly coming to a close.  God is being taken out of everything.  Christian families are becoming harder and harder to find as schools, society and media play a game of battlefield with our kids.

I don't want to be the pushy Christian.  I don't ever want someone to think  that since I accepted Christ that I claim to be perfect, or that I am trying to push my beliefs on them.  At the same time, I want people to know what my beliefs are and I want to stand FIRM for what I believe is right.  I don't want to be afraid to say it either.  Takes me back that good ol' saying that if you don't stand for somethin', you'll fall for anything.

I have lost friends and relationships have suffered because of my belief in God.  There are so many days that I feel like the problems of America are too big for me to make a difference.  I want to give up.  Then my kids walk in to the room.  I look into their faces and they give me the strength to stand again.  To stand for God, for America, for our freedom and liberty.  I pray you do too.  No matter what your beliefs.

It's important to understand what exactly our country was founded on.  Go, seek it out.  Find your own truth and see if you don't agree that God is in there, begging for his people to turn back to him for the answers we need to restore hope in this country.  It's time to rediscover our roots and STAND UP.  Together.  Differences aside.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!"
Psalm 33:12


No comments:

Post a Comment