Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If I were stranded on a deserted island.



If I were stranded on a deserted island and I could only take 5 supplements, I would take these:

1.  Spirulina. 



Amazing stuff.  It would provide me with so many essential nutrients and protein that I wouldn't be able to find on the island.  I wrote a post about this stuff, find it here.


2.  Coconut oil.



I guess there could be coconuts on the island, but one never knows.  Plus, how in the heck am I going to cold press virgin coconut oil on an island??  Anyways, this stuff will provide me with the wonders of a healthy fat, which I am going to need on the island.  Coconut oil could also be used to soothe my sunburned skin and provide an antibacterial, anti fungal salve if I get any cuts.  If you would like to learn more, read my blog post about it here.


3.  Vitamin C.




Unless the deserted island has a plentiful supply of pine needles(which can be boiled for Vit C!  Little tidbit for ya), I am going to need this stuff.  I don't want to be defenseless against treating myself if I get sick.  I'm also going to need this since my diet will probably be lacking in rich sources of Vit C and I don't want my immune system to get weak.

4.  Colloidal Silver.



If I get sick on the island I am going to need a good source of a natural antibiotic to help get me through it.  Something that isn't going to compromise my much needed immune system.

5.  Essential oils.



Oh, there are so many uses for them.  From aromatic to medicinal.  Don't leave home without them.  I really need to write a blog post about their amazingness.  Yeah, I said amazingness.


Wait a minute.  Forget the deserted island.  I would probably end up 10 times healthier there than living here and eating a standard American diet!  All these things seem like they apply in the here and now.  Weird.

I don't know if you understand how painful it was for me to only pick 5.

2 comments:

  1. I probably shouldn't be commenting due to my state of mind, but I'm going to anyway. You are such a coconut oil freak and I love it. Which are your favorite essential oils? Is this post a segway into a top 5 essential oils post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY need to do a post on EO's. I have been avoiding it for some reason.

      Delete