Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SILENCED




Have you ever felt like someone was trying to silence you?  I'm not talking about someone actually putting duct tape on your mouth, threatening you or telling you to be quiet.  I'm talking about a feeling you get inside telling you that what you have to say isn't important.


I sure have.  It typically begins with a feeling of inadequacy.  I over analyze something I said, a conviction I passionately obsess over or a belief I possess.  I wonder what people are going to think of me and I start to feel frustrated, hurt and angry.  And then, I put the wall up.  I convince myself that what I have to say or what I want to contribute to something is not worthwhile and it's most certainly not worth my time and effort.





Then I feel all depressed and start moping around.  Probably because I am busy feeling sorry for myself and denying myself the truth.  As humans, we worry so much about what other people are going to think of us that we don't want to even try to speak up, speak out or speak anything that may be against the grain.  And the Bible believing bunch know that we also have another contender for our thoughts.  That evil dude wants to silence us when he knows that we might have a negative impact on his path to pure evilness.


Between the world, ourselves and Satan beating us up we have a hard row to ho.  It's so hard not to feel alone sometimes. 




This is where having good friends and family around come in.  Just when you are feeling at your worst, someone encourages you.  Me, I believe those people are being used by God...just at the right time.  You get that little nudge that gets you thinking.  You begin to feel that passion again, that zest, that LIFE seeping back in.  Before long, you realize that you nearly allowed yourself to be SILENCED.


We all have a story and unique talents that no one else in the world has.  We all have something important that we need to say, do or be part of.  Don't be afraid to be the unique YOU.  Share your ideas and beliefs with others.  Don't be afraid to start something great or be part of something life changing.  You might get dissed, go through dry spells and get flat on your face depressed at times.  BUT, you can get back up.  Because when you do, you are renewed with that passion all over again.


Sometimes all you have to do is look for a little light.







"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." 

2 Tim 1:7






1 comment: