Thursday, May 24, 2012

Airin' out your business.



There comes a time in everyone's life.  Well, actually probably like multiple times in everyone's life when we just gotta air out our business.  Sometimes we choose to air it out, but at other times it's aired out for us and we would rather not have aired it out...perhaps not THAT way...or not have it portrayed a CERTAIN way...or maybe it's a little embarrassing...or REALLY embarrassing...how about painful...shameful...humorous maybe....or NOT even close.  Either way, we've all been there.

Having all been there, we all know that airing out our business makes us all wish for one thing.  ACCEPTANCE.  Maybe you define acceptance as UNDERSTANDING.  Either way, it's our way of hoping that just one person will GET us.  That they will understand what we are going through and relate in some way or another.

I've had my business aired before.  I mean heck, I'm not perfect.  Makes me wonder how those around me are doing.  How is their business holding up?  Is it being aired?  How are they feeling about that?  Do they need someone to see them, to know that they are not alone?  I know that if I'm going through something difficult, the last thing I want is for no one to notice, especially those closest to me.  Those that I feel I can trust.




So many times, myself included, we find the easiest way is to ignore a problem, whether it be our own or somebody else's.  Just sweep it under the rug.  Problem solved...for now.  Or perhaps we put on our best game face and just make it through the day until reality sets in and we realize NOTHING had really changed because we didn't face it.

Let yourself and others around you air out your/their business without judgement and with the support of friends and family around them.  It takes strength to air out the business.  To face it.  We don't all have to agree, but we HAVE to CHOOSE to be there anyway, reminding them to not LOSE HEART.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

For those of us who have the honor of knowing Jesus, we know that our troubles are only temporary.  It doesn't make our troubles go away.  We need the help of others around us to pull us through.  Please, be the person that YOUR person NEEDS when they need it.  You might just find yourselves a big old BLESSING.








3 comments:

  1. Philip aired out some sharts last night...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to talk to him about not airing out that kind of business.

      Delete
    2. I love this Katie. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete