Monday, May 28, 2012

I'd prefer if you called them "hard working hands"!

Kids never fail to give us a lesson in humility.  According to my son, I have "old woman hands".  I kinda do.  They aren't manicured, I keep my nails short and they are usually really dry and wrinkly.  Okay, so I have old lady hands!  So what!  I prefer to call them "hard working hands".  It makes me feel just a little bit better about myself...




It reminded me of this...

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you - 1 Thessalonians 4:11"

Not all of us use our hands to do the same kind of work.  Some of us dig in the dirt, some change diapers, some serve meals, some serve in ministry, some grip a microphone, some provide a service, some build, some deliver the mail, some take the bad guys to jail, some patch us up, some put out fires, some take care of the elderly and some teach.

And some...protect our country.




Without this, we have little ability to work with our hands the way we see fit.  Please take the time today to truly appreciate the sacrifices made by the men and women who have and are currently serving our country.

We may not all be able to serve in the military, but each one of us can play an integral part in keeping this wonderful country alive.  Know that you play an important part in all of this, while appreciating why we have "it".  Serve your fellow human, raise your families and live this free life to the fullest!!

And don't forget... idle hands are the devil's workshop.



"He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40:29-31

Go forth!  Do really amazing things with those hands.  Manicured or not.

2 comments:

  1. You do have some jacked up hands. Ha!

    Love the new background by the way. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between my jacked up hands and the mole on my forehead, I'm feeling pretty jazzed about myself. Kids love pointing out our flaws, so innocently.

      Delete