Friday, May 4, 2012

SLS take me away!!!

Oooooh yeah...Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, take me away....



SLS, you just make my teeth feel soooooooo clean, yeeeaaaaahhhh.




Oh, and don't forget the mouthwash.





Let's pause for a moment.  What is SLS?  Well, it's an incredibly toxic substance that is one of the listed ingredients on products we use on a daily basis.  Let's continue.


SLS, I love getting a close shave.  Soooooo smooth.





Oh, just thought you should know.  SLS is a known carcinogenic(potential to cause cancer).


SLS, you make my skin feel so nourished and smoooooth.




And you always keep me safe from the suns rays.



SLS has been know to aide in fertility problems.

It can cause skin irritation.

But, no....SLS you keep my zits at bay, right?





You keep my dishes so clean.





And you keep my babies so clean and smelling so good.  You must be good....right???





Wrong.  The chemical Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is in MANY of our daily products and is a harmful chemical that no one should be exposing themselves to.  So why do companies use it and expose us to it???  It's cheap.  It's what makes all those wonderful products foam up and gives the appearance that they are somehow working better.

SLS is harmful.  It's a chemical that has serious health and environmental complications.  Do the research and see for yourselves. 

There are many alternatives, but you must look and do the research.  It's worth it.  After all, if you are exposing yourself to a harmful chemical several times a day, wouldn't common sense tell you it's not a good idea???  Please, look into it.

1 comment:

  1. It's like HFCS is to sugar. But I'm bad and still use it, but I will do better girlie, thank you for inspiring me. :)

    ReplyDelete