Friday, June 22, 2012

The American Made Challenge. Will you join me?




With the 4th of July approaching, I am going challenge myself.  I'm asking you to join me. 



We are quickly turning in to this...





Personally, I am sick and tired of our economy being in the dumps and all of our work being sent overseas.  I am tired of buying a bunch of cheap junk that does little to stimulate our own economy.  I want our jobs and our AMERICAN made products back.  I want excellent customer service and a quality product and I'm willing to pay for it. 


I don't want to talk about it anymore, so I'm going to DO something about it.


I will not be allowed to buy anything with this label...



As a matter of fact, I will only be able to buy things that are made in the USA.




For the month of July, let's celebrate America by only buying products made here in the U S of A!


It's time to break this cheap China spending habit.  We can learn new ways of finding what we need, which can have a lasting effect on our economy.


Will you join me?  There are strength in numbers.


If you decide to commit to this with me, please leave me a comment.  I would love to know who my allies are.




"My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue". ~Author Unknown

13 comments:

  1. This is so perfect... I am totally with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! But can I still buy clothes made in other countries at Goodwill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Just saw this. I think that we shouldn't just because I want to find out where I can buy American made clothing, ya know??

      Delete
  3. You will see the American Flag and "supporting American workers" logos on most New Balance shoe products, however they are not all made in America, but rather made oversees and then have some final technical stitches and boxing done here in the US. Make sure it states Made in USA on tags......businesses know how to pull dollars from us no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up Jody! Yeah, I can imagine companies are getting sneaky about it. Glad to have you on board Donna! Awesome! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm down...one of my biggest disappointments was when I graduated boot camp and was given the ball cap with "NAVY" on it instead of "RECRUIT", and the tag inside said "MADE IN CHINA". Something is fundamentally wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we should turn it up a notch and post what we have found and where to buy it at to help each other out. We just purchased socks from Walmart that were made in the US. You have to search but you can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! and please do share where you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to give it a shot too! Thank you for initiating this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to have you all on board. And yes, let's share what we find, we need all the help we can get!

    ReplyDelete