Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pin Up Girls



Pin up girls have been around forever really.  Men drew them on the walls of caves for goodness sakes!




Men lusting over women is nothing new.




Aren't these old photos great?  They seem so innocent compared to what we see now.  I wouldn't be surprised to see these women walking down Main Street.



I would hope they at least had their skirts pulled down, shirts buttoned up and undies in the right place before they walk down Main St., but you know what I mean right?  This is NOTHING compared to the position(no pun intended) women are putting themselves in to these days. 


What is happening to us?  It makes me mad, sad and frustrated all at the same time.  It's hard to know what to do other than cancel your cable and cover your children's eyes as you walk past Victoria's Secret.


I don't want to end up like this lady holding the sign...





 
And I certainly don't want my wardrobe to look like this...




It's so hard to shop these days.  That's why I usually don't do it and I'm incredibly unfashionable.  But, I know that this is a BIG problem in our society.  I cringe when I take my kids somewhere and we pass that really embarrassing advertisement(or REAL person) and both my kids shout "SHE'S INAPPROPRIATE!" and I am left trying to explain the situation to my kids.


Bottom line, we only need to try and look sexy for one person.  Stop the insanity by choosing to dress modestly.  Your boobs should not be hanging out and your shirt shouldn't look like it's ready to rip at the seams.  And I should not fear that any slight movement might allow me to answer the question in my head of whether or not you are wearing underwear.  Everyone around you is watching.  Whether it be another man's wandering eyes or your little boy or girl looking for an example of what a "woman" is. 


Who's approval are you looking for with your wardrobe?



"And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes." 

NLT 1Timothy 2:9

 

1 comment:

  1. Well said! Modesty is not the norm, but we must battle on. :)

    ReplyDelete