Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oscar The Grouch



As I was tucking Ida in to bed tonight, she chose a Sesame Street book all about Oscar The Grouch.  I soon realized the book fit my attitude for today perfectly.  Oscar was complaining about everything and wishing that everyone would go away and leave him alone.  I didn't even have to try to lower my voice and sound irritated and rude.  I was there.  Whoa.  Nothing like a wake up call informing you that you could be Oscar The Grouch's voice double.

I had a bad day.  I was stressed out because my In-Law's were coming to visit from Minnesota and I had a ton of stuff to get done.  Ida's attitude was HORRIBLE to say the least.  It was a challenging day.





You know what I mean right?  The days where you just want to lock yourself in the bathroom and ignore the screaming child running through the house looking for you while you just try and get a breather(I may have done this...)? 


Then there is this...  "The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down." Proverbs 14:1.  Ugh.        





When you finally muster up the strength to face the day again, you feel like your in la-la land.  You just feel nothing but BLAH.  You stare off in to space and hope that someone, anyone comes along and SAVES you.  Sometimes it's much more than an unruly child and a long to do list.  Sometimes we go through things in life that last for long periods of time and test us beyond what we believe we can handle.  There are times I have daydreamed about what heaven would be like and wish I was there.


I've decided that tomorrow is a new day.  I also decided that I am being a big baby and need to deal with it.  Who the heck am I to sit around and pout because my kid was being awful and I had a few extra things to do?  Pathetic.  And talk about UNGRATEFUL!  I certainly needed to be reminded of this...   "Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him."  Psalm 95:2


So, no matter what you are going through, big or small, allow yourself the time to feel a little bad about it.  But then GET UP, or even better yet, get down on your knees.  One foot in front of the other.  And no matter what this life deals us, it's only temporary.





“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.  My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.”  John 14:1-4



Phew!







No comments:

Post a Comment