Monday, June 25, 2012

Bieber Fever






How in world did this kid get so famous?  I mean, look at him.  It's gotta be that hair.  Or maybe that awesome hat...or his mad posing skills.  I guess he can sing and dance?


How does one kid, who none of our young girls even know personally become the one that is hung up on their walls, being played in the house, car and ipod?


I'm not out to bash Bieber.  I just don't understand how our girls are falling in "love" with boys they know nothing REAL about.




I just couldn't help myself with this photo.  I laughed to tears on this one.


Bottom line, these celebrities are nothing but idols to our daughters.  To some that may mean that our girls are twitterpated and it will quickly pass, just like anything else.  I don't exactly see it that way.  I hope I'm wrong.


Will our daughters feel that same rush and sense of idolatry for the men they choose to marry?  Will they feel satisfied?  Or will they have been trained from a young age that "love" means they will always feel high, being swept away by their prince charming on a high priced ride that will never end?  Maybe I'm over-thinking things.


Or maybe it's all just about being a kid?


That is something for you and your daughter to decide.






Oh, and Justin...I was wondering if your smoldering eyes and skinny jeans could find their way over to the chicken coop.  It needs cleaning.  I didn't think so...

5 comments:

  1. I bet the Bieb cleans a mean chicken coop. But seriously, these pictures are hilarious. A 16 year old kid trying to be sexy has never been more hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, nothin' sexy about a 16 yr old male or female. And while we are on the subject of "teens", how about make sure your girls aren't going around in boom boom shorts and tight shirts. They are NOT sexy even at 11.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you and "The Ugly Homemaker" on most counts. I don't want my girls to idolize famous boys or men, and I don't want them to idolize their future husbands either. Worship is really meant for God alone and if they learn that and find that to be their ultimate love then the loving your husband and the proper perspective on "idols" will make their life much happier, fuller, and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like ur comment Steph.

    And I think he is 18 or even 19 now, and when I was that age I was attempting to be sexy for my husband and I don't think it was hysterical.

    I have way more of a problem with 8-12 year old girls "cheer camp" half time dance routine at our local h.s. to "bringing sexy back" while wearing leather mini shorts and a tied up above the waist t-shirt.

    We all have to be weary of idols at any age.... I know for me in the past I have gotten waaaaaaay to obsessed about these things: my husband, homeschooling, saving $, eating clean, quiverfull family unplanning, natural cures, losing weight ect.

    I guess what I'm sayin is while my list may be good things, I feel that they can easily be worshiped more than our heavenly Father, for me anyways. I have to ask myself... "what(or who) do I dwell on)

    ReplyDelete